***THIS PAGE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS***
thank you for your patience :)
thank you for your patience :)
Apricity Kennel Show/Breeding Contract
Puppy Registration Name: ______________________________________________________
Puppy Reg Number AKC: ______________ Puppy Reg Number UKC: ______________
Puppy Call Name: _____________________________________________________________
Breed: ___________________________ Color: ________________
Right Eye_________ Left Eye__________
DOB: ___/___/___ Dog________ Bitch_________
Sire: ________________________________ Dam: __________________________________
Sire Reg Number AKC: ______________ Sire Reg Number UKC: ______________
Dam Reg Number AKC: ______________ Dam Reg Number UKC: ______________
This Apricity Puppy is to be sold at an agreed price of $__________ as a SHOW/ BREEDING QUALITY DOG under the following conditions:
Seller has determined that the Dog described above to be a “show prospect.” Show prospect shall be understood to mean that no disqualifying faults as defined in the standard are evident at time of sale, and further that no genetic disorders are immediately apparent. In such case, the Seller shall provide Buyer with an AKC/UKC Registration Certificate with full registration. Buyer will be listed as primary owner.
1. The Seller agrees to provide all up-to-date health records, pedigree, and all other registration papers for this dog within 180 days of purchase.
2. The Seller guarantees that at the time of sale, this puppy is in good physical and mental condition to go to a new home. If this dog arrives home and is seriously sick or unhealthy in any way, the Buyer has five (5) business days to contact the Seller. If a legal veterinarian proves with a note that this puppy in unfit to live in his/her new home due to serious medical issue, the Buyer can either choose to return the puppy for full refunded price, or choose to keep the puppy assuming cost for all medical expenses throughout the dog's lifetime.
3. Buyer agrees to take said Dog to at least six (6) weeks of group basic obedience classes put on by a licenced dog trainer/training facility before the Dog's six (6) month birthday. Buyer also agrees to socialize puppy according to the socialization chart the Seller provides. If Buyer does not take the proper steps to engage and socialize their new puppy to many new surroundings, people, and other animals; the Seller will take no responsibility for an adult dog's temperament.
4. All Apricity Kennel puppies should be registered under the kennel name prefix Apricity. Seller has the right to approve of all registration names before paperwork is sent in to AKC or UKC. Buyer may not change the Dog's registration name without written consent of the Seller. Buyer may never remove the kennel prefix from the Dog's registration name.
5. Buyer agrees to exhibit the Dog at American Kennel Club (AKC) and/or United Kennel Club (UKC) conformation shows. Buyer is solely responsible for all entries and expenses for shows which the Buyer enters.
6. All Show/Breeding Quality puppies are required acheive an AKC Certificate of Merit (CM) title or UKC Show Champion (UKC CH) title before they are to be bred. This breeding be a planned litter with a purebred Hokkaido Ken stud/bitch (also with show/breeding rights granted by his/her breeder at the time of sale). Neither Seller nor Buyer supports any cross breeding between two breeds, whether purposefully or accidentally bred. If for any reason, a litter of puppies is whelped from this bitch before the show requirements have been met, or sired by a non-purebred Hokkaido stud, the Seller will collect from Buyer a penalty fine of $1000 per puppy born, and Seller has the option to permanently repossess the bitch along with her litter.
7. The Buyer is expected to register all offspring of this dog with AKC and UKC.
8. If Dog is male, the Seller retains the right to use said Dog at stud on any female owned, co-owned or leased by the Seller, with the understanding that no stud fee or other consideration will be paid to the Buyer by the Seller. This provision shall be limited to a total of three (3) litters in the dog's lifetime that result in a minimum of two (2) surviving pups per litter.
9. The Seller guarantees a three (3) year health warranty on any puppy sold here at Apricity Kennel. The warranty applies to any genetic disorder such as Hip Displesia, eye defects other than CEA, or any inherited defect that would otherwise prevent him/her from enjoying a normal dog's life. If such disorder is found, a written veterinarian statement must be shown and the Seller can give you the choice to keep the dog and assume all veterinary expenses, or turn the dog over to the Seller with a refund of the original price paid.
10. Buyer may not sell or, in any other way, transfer ownership or possession of the Dog without written consent of the Seller. This puppy will not be sold to any pet store, research lab, or testing facility. Nor shall s/he be given to any rescue or shelter. If the Buyer decides that they can no longer care for the animal purchased, the Buyer is required to contact the Seller immediately to purchase back the dog for the original purchase price paid by Buyer to Seller. Seller will then do their best to find a good forever home for the surrendered dog. If Buyer has already arranged a new home for surrendered dog, Seller has the right of first refusal.
11. This puppy is going to a safe and humane home where s/he will be an indoor companion animal. The house s/he is living at should be secured by either an adequate 4+ foot fence. If the Seller finds out her puppy is living as an outdoor dog or is being treated in an inhumane way, the Seller will perminantely repossess the animal at Buyer expense.
12. Seller des not support any "anti-vaccine" nonsense. Buyer agrees to keep the Dog's yearly rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza, and bordatella vaccinations up to date.
13. The Buyer is to keep the Seller apprised of the Buyer's current address and any change of address must be reported in writing within thirty (30) days of said change.
This above contract is nontransferable and if the Buyer decided to relinquish ownership of his/her purchased puppy, this contract will no longer apply.In the rare case that the Seller decides to no longer breed Hokkaido Ken, this contract will be null and void. All heath guarantees only apply while the Seller is still breeding dogs.
Seller: Lex Blanton
Seller's Kennels: Apricity Kennel
Seller's Address: 7909 Falstaff Rd, McLean Virginia
Seller's Phone Number: 571 - 249 - 0638
Seller's Website: www.apricityhokkaido.weebly.com
Seller's Email: email@example.com
By signing this I hereby relinquish ownership of the said dog above and agree to follow all statements and guidelines listed in the contract above
Seller's Signature ____________________ Date _____________
Buyer's Kennels: ______________________________________
Buyer's Address: ______________________________________
Buyer's Phone Number: ________________________________
Buyer's Email: _________________________________________
By signing this I hereby take ownership of the said dog above and agree to follow all statements and guidelines listed in the contract above
Buyer's Signature ____________________ Date _____________
Thank you for your purchase of a Apricity Kennel puppy. Please stay in touch! We always are looking forward to seeing photos of our previous puppies as they grow and mature.