***THIS PAGE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS***
thank you for your patience :)
thank you for your patience :)
Apricity Kennel Co-Own Puppy Contract
Puppy Registration Name: ______________________________________________________
Puppy Reg Number AKC: ______________ Puppy Reg Number UKC: ______________
Puppy Call Name: _____________________________________________________________
Breed: ___________________________ Color: ________________
Right Eye_________ Left Eye__________
DOB: ___/___/___ Dog________ Bitch_________
Sire: ________________________________ Dam: __________________________________
Sire Reg Number AKC: ______________ Sire Reg Number UKC: ______________
Dam Reg Number AKC: ______________ Dam Reg Number UKC: ______________
This Apricity Puppy is to be sold at an agreed price of $__________ as a SHOW/ BREEDING QUALITY DOG under the following conditions:
Seller has determined that the Dog described above to be a “show prospect.” Show prospect shall be understood to mean that no disqualifying faults as defined in the standard are evident at time of sale and further that no genetic disorders are immediately apparent. In such case, the Seller shall provide Buyer with an AKC/UKC Registration Certificate with full breeding rights. Buyer will be listed as primary owner. One or more of the Seller will be listed as co-owner.
1. The Seller agrees to provide all up-to-date health records, pedigree, and all other registration papers for this dog within 180 days of purchase.
2. The Seller guarantees that at the time of sale, this puppy is in good physical and mental condition to go to a new home. If this dog arrives home and is seriously sick or unhealthy in any way, the Buyer has five (5) business days to contact the Seller. If a legal veterinarian proves with a note that this puppy in unfit to live in his/her new home due to serious medical issue, the Buyer can either choose to return the puppy for full refunded price, or choose to keep the puppy assuming cost for all medical expenses throughout the dog's lifetime.
3. Buyer agrees to take said Dog to at least six (6) weeks of group basic obedience classes put on by a licenced dog trainer/training facility before the Dog's six (6) month birthday. Buyer also agrees to socialize puppy according to the socialization chart the Seller provides. If Buyer does not take the proper steps to engage and socialize their new puppy to many new surroundings, people, and other animals; the Seller will take no responsibility for an adult dog's temperament.
4. The Buyer is to retain full possession rights and assume full responsibilities and liabilities for the Dog including all costs of feeding, housing and veterinarian expenses except when the Seller have temporary possession of the Dog. The Seller is to be permitted temporary possession of the Dog at their request for the purpose of training, exhibiting, breeding, medical examinations, or other purposes deemed necessary by the Seller.
5. All Apricity Kennel puppies should be registered under the kennel name prefix Apricity. Seller has the right to approve of all registration names before paperwork is sent in to AKC or UKC. Buyer may not change the Dog's registration name without written consent of the Seller. Buyer may never remove the kennel prefix from the Dog's registration name.
6. Buyer agrees to let the Seller exhibit the Dog at American Kennel Club (AKC), International Canine Kennel Club (ICKC), or United Kennel Club (UKC) conformation shows at no charge to the Buyer until the Dog has earned a Championship. Seller will be responsible for all entries and expenses for the shows the Seller chooses to enter. Seller has no obligation to exhibit the Dog or pay any show entries or expenses in any other venue or for shows the Seller did not enter. Buyer is also encouraged to exibit the Dog in registries listed above, and is solely responsible for all entries and expenses for shows which the Buyer enters.
7. All Show/Breeding Quality puppies are required to be brought back to seller for evaluation before they are to be bred. If they remain a show quality dog, they may be bred. This should be a planned litter with a purebred Mini American Shepherd stud/bitch (also with show/breeding rights granted by his/her breeder at the time of sale). I do not support any cross breeding between other breeds for designer purposes. If the buyer does not abide by this, the seller can legally take possession of the dog at owner's expense.
8. The Buyer is expected to register all offspring of this dog with AKC and UKC
9. If Dog is male, the Seller retains the right to use said Dog at stud on any female owned, co-owned or leased by the Seller, with the understanding that no stud fee or other consideration will be paid to the Buyer by the Seller. This provision shall be limited to 4 litters per year that result in a minimum of 2 surviving pups per litter.
10. If the Dog is female, the Seller retains the right to breed said Dog first. Seller is only entitled to one live litter. A live litter will be defined as two surviving puppies. Seller must breed the Dog prior to the Dog turning four years of age or the Seller forfeits rights to use this Dog for breeding. Seller will own litter in its entirety and the Buyer will sign a lease agreement prior to breeding to last through weaning of the litter. Dog will remain in possession of the Seller after breeding and until the litter is weaned. Once the litter is weaned, the Dog will be returned to the Buyer. Seller is responsible for all costs associated with the litter and care of the Dog while in possession of the Seller.
11. The Seller guarantees a three (3) year health warranty on any puppy sold here at Apricity Kennel. The warranty applies to any genetic disorder such as Hip Dysplasia, eye defects other than CEA, or any inherited defect that would otherwise prevent him/her from enjoying a normal dog's life. If such disorder is found, a written and signed veterinarian statement, printed on veterinarian's letterhead, must be presented to the Seller. At which point, the Seller will refund the Buyer full purchase price for the puppy, or offer a similar replacement puppy from a future litter. If this dog was engaging in activities not suited for a dog under 18 months of age such as directed jumping, weave poles, disk, and other demanding aspects of dog sports, the hip/elbow guarantee does NOT apply to this dog.
12. This puppy will not be sold to any pet store, research lab, or testing facility. Nor shall s/he be given to any rescue or shelter. If the Buyer decides that s/he can no longer care for the animal purchased, the Buyer is required to contact the Seller immediately to purchase back the dog for the original amount the Buyer paid. The Seller will then do their best to find a good forever home for the surrendered animal. If Buyer has already arranged a new home for surrendered dog, Seller has the right of first denial.
13. This puppy is going to a safe and humane home where s/he will be an indoor companion animal. The house s/he is living at should be secured by an adequate 4+ foot fence. If the Seller finds out thier puppy is living as an outdoor dog or is being treated in an inhumane way, the Seller will permanantely repossess the dog at Buyer expense.
14. Seller des not support any "anti-vaccine" nonsense. Buyer agrees to keep the Dog's yearly rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza, and bordatella vaccinations up to date.
15. Neither party to this contract may sell or, in any other way, transfer ownership or possession of the Dog without written consent of the other parties. Each party to this contract will have the right of first denial in any change of ownership throughout the life of the Dog or until the termination of this contract. Each party to this contract also agrees to defend and hold harmless the other parties in the event of any lawsuit brought because of the actions of the Dog while in the sole possession of that party.
16. The Buyer is to keep the Seller apprised of the Buyer's current address and any change of address must be reported in writing within thirty (30) days of said change.
This above contract is nontransferable and if the Buyer decided to relinquish ownership of his/her purchased puppy, this contract will no longer apply.In the rare case that the Seller decides to no longer breed Hokkaido Ken, this contract will be null and void. All heath guarantees only apply while the Seller is still breeding dogs.
Seller: Lex Blanton
Seller's Kennels: Apricity Kennel
Seller's Address: 7909 Falstaff Rd, McLean Virginia
Seller's Phone Number: 571 - 249 - 0638
Seller's Website: www.apricityhokkaido.weebly.com
Seller's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By signing this I hereby relinquish ownership of the said dog above and agree to follow all statements and guidelines listed in the contract above
Seller's Signature ____________________ Date _____________
Buyer's Kennels: ______________________________________
Buyer's Address: ______________________________________
Buyer's Phone Number: ________________________________
Buyer's Email: _________________________________________
By signing this I hereby take ownership of the said dog above and agree to follow all statements and guidelines listed in the contract above
Buyer's Signature ____________________ Date _____________
Thank you for your purchase of a Apricity Hokkaido Ken puppy. We always are looking forward to seeing photos of our previous puppies as they grow and mature. Please shoot us an email update every once and a while! Also, we are always working to schedule play dates and other fun walks/meetups with our past puppies. Check out our website and Facebook page for more information!